Dear Pet Parents,
As you already know, Colorado/Adams County is officially under a “stay at home” order starting today, March 26. According to this order, dog boarding facilities are still considered essential, so we plan to stay open as long as possible, however, our hours will be changing. We still want to do everything we can to support the first responders, medical personnel, grocery store employees, and others in our community who still need to work and need care for their pets. If you are still working and know of others who have dogs, mention to them that we’re still open!
UPDATED HOURS: Starting Saturday, March 28 – April 19 (or longer if necessary)
· Emergency Overnight Boarding is available every day by appointment only.
· Tuesday – Thursday – we will be OPEN from 7:00am-6:00pm. If you need care earlier or later than those hours, PLEASE don’t hesitate to ask us and we will be there!
· Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday – DAYCARE CLOSED
· We will still be open Tomorrow – Friday, March 27!
· If a day happens where we do not have any pups after 10am, we will choose to close our doors for the day and reopen the next weekday. We highly encourage you to book online or call ahead if you would like to bring your pup AFTER 10am.
· Since we are slow, we will only be putting up dogs for lunch breaks by request or if we feel a specific dog needs some extra nap time.
We are all experimenting trying to find a balance where we can stay open and provide services for our customers without breaking the bank. As Mondays and Fridays tend to be our slowest days, we have decided to close daycare on Mondays and Fridays until further notice. This will allow us to have more dogs during the day rather than them all spread out throughout the week.
Like most small businesses around the planet, we’ve had a significant drop in demand during this crisis. Most daycares across the state have dropped 50-80% in business over the last two weeks. If it turns out that this “stay at home” order causes an even larger drop in business, we may have to make the difficult decision to temporarily close our doors. While this is the last thing we want, we are hoping to do our best to keep that from happening. We are currently taking it day by day, but if anything further changes, we will notify everyone immediately and help you find other resources for your pups. Please be patient with us while we do what is best to keep our business alive and ready for when everything goes back to normal.
Taking care of your pets is an essential part of every-day life, whether taking them for a hike, purchasing them food, or taking them to daycare for exercise. If you can’t bring them to us, we understand, and encourage you to keep them active until everything goes back to normal.
If your pups have cabin fever and need to work off some energy, bring them to us! We promise that your pups will always have someone to play with and we will do our best to keep them active and loved throughout the day. We are still offering discounted half days (5 hours or less) for only $15! This is a perfect excuse to get them out of the house to play.
As we’ve said before, there is no evidence that the COVID-19 strain can be transmitted to humans from our pets. If you are not comfortable coming into our lobby, just let us know! We are happy to get your pup from the car for you. We are doing our best to abide by social distancing to keep you and our staff healthy and safe.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you all so much for supporting us and other struggling businesses during these troubled times. We hope you all stay safe and healthy!
We are OPEN! Read below to check out our UPDATED HOURS and SPECIALS we are offering!
While we know your travel and job situations may have changed, we highly encourage you to keep your pups socialized and active! I’m sure they are all getting stir crazy at home and need some exercise. We are offering some specials and other options during this time to help you and your pups.
1. Half Day Rates – we are reducing our half-day
daycare rate to $15 for 5 hours or less. This is a perfect option if you
just want to get them out of the house for a few hours to run errands
or get some work done from home.
2. March Daycare Special – We are extending our March Daycare Package special to last through April. You can even purchase them online through your account! 20 days of daycare for $500, plus a FREE bath – that’s over $80 in savings! There is now a limit of two per dog instead of one!
3. Baths – If you bring your pup to daycare, we are offering half price baths effective now until April 30! Bring them in for a half or a full day and take them home clean!
4. Typically, baths are just an add-on service for our daycare and boarding clients. However, if your pup needs a bath, we can schedule something without a social visit. Just give us a call anytime to schedule and we can bathe them for 25% off until April 30!
5. One-on-one care – We will always have dogs here for your pups to play with! However, on slower days, we are happy to spend some quality one-on-one time with your pup for no additional cost! This could include fetch, walks, basic training, or just some one-on-one snuggle time. We will do everything we can to make sure your pup gets an active and fun day! Just ask!
6. Curb-side pickup and drop off – If you are not comfortable coming inside the facility, we are happy to come out to you! Just give us a call when you arrive and we’ll be right out. Just make sure your pup is pre-leashed for us.
Hours Update – effective today, we will be slightly altering our hours.
Daycare: For now, daycare drop-offs will be available Monday-Friday as usual, however, we will be closing as soon as all of our pups have left for the day, which is typically around 6-6:30pm. If you need care later than that, we will absolutely be there. Just let us know when you drop off about what time you will return.
Weekday Boarding: Overnight boarding on weekdays will still be available by reservation only. We highly encourage you to book online and include your pick up and drop off times.
Weekends: If we do not have any weekend reservations, the facility will be closed. We highly recommend booking online in advance to ensure we will be there. If you need last minute reservations, just give us a call. We can be there within 30 minutes.
The biggest thing to know is that if you need us, we will be there! Just ask.
We will continue to keep up with our daily cleaning procedures to help reduce the COVID-19 spreading to our team and clients. Don’t forget, there is still NO evidence that a dog can transmit the disease to a human.
We hope to see you soon!
Dear Pet Parents and Tail Waggers,
I’m sure you are tired of hearing about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), but we want to make sure all of you have the information you need to know on how to keep yourself and your pups safe and healthy. We want to help reduce your fears by knowing the facts about how it effects the pet care industry. While we are taking this very seriously, we are optimistic that this will soon pass. We are actively monitoring the situation, making our first priority the health and safety of our pups and staff.
1. As long as people need care for their pups, we will remain open as usual for daycare and overnight boarding. If anything changes, we will let you know as soon as possible.
2. The Coronavirus has been a known respiratory illness in dogs for several decades. This strain of the Coronovirus (COVID-19) is NOT that strain. As of current research, all reports of animals testing positive for the Coronavirus are NOT related to the current strain we are dealing with today. There is no evidence or any known cases of a dog transmitting the COVID-19 strain to a human.
3. To help reduce the spread, we have made it clear to our entire staff that if they are sick or think they could have been exposed, they need to stay home. We have also offered everyone the opportunity to take a leave of absence without repercussion if they wish to stay home during the current state of emergency.
4. We have very strict daily and weekly cleaning routines in order to keep both our staff and pups safe. We have strong disinfectants that are applied across the facility daily, including a misting machine to kill all air-born bacteria throughout the building. Hand sanitizer is available in our lobby for your use if you desire.
5. We encourage you to continue to keep your pups socialized and active. While you may be cooped up working from home or on an extended Spring Break, bring them to us for a safe fun day of play and exercise! We understand that many of you have had plans change due to school, travel, and work cancellations. While we are sad to not be able to play with your pups, we understand if you need to cancel an upcoming reservation.
6. Many businesses, small and large, are suffering due to the panic of this virus. If you are concerned and feel more comfortable staying home, you can still support your local small businesses. This includes restaurants, salons, groomers, small retail shops, and much more. Purchase gift cards from these establishments to help them survive the crisis until business can return to normal. Please keep supporting small businesses!
7. Like I’m sure you’ve heard a hundred times, the best thing we can do right now is to take care of yourselves. Wash your hands thoroughly, avoid touching your face, and practice social distancing when possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.
-Waggin’ Tails Team